Are you our new QA Assistant?
We’re on the lookout for a student worker or part time colleague who wants to help us test our gameplays from a technical point of view in order for us to develop even better games.
Tasks for our QA Assistant
As Funday Factory’s QA Assistant, you’ll work closely with our brilliant Head of IT & QA and together, you’ll be an essential part of our game development process with a focus on finding bugs and errors in code. This means that you’ll be working as a unit across our current projects both before and after release which gives you a great opportunity to level up your skill set within technical support for game development. On a daily basis, you’ll be working with tasks such as:
- Finding bugs & identifying their severity and reproduction steps for the development team
- Writing up detailed bug reports
- Feedback on quality & playability in our games
- Setting up devices for test
Who you are
Most importantly, we are looking for someone who loves games and enjoys the technical aspect of game development. Your toolbox probably contains insight of the mobile and computer games industry, understanding of game design, a general understanding of IT and knowledge about programming and coding. On a more personal level, you:
- Have an interest in hardware and software
- Communicate easily with all types of people and professions
- Like to problem solve and have a keen eye for details
- Have the ability to empathise with the needs of game players
- Are engaged in your work and eager to apply your theoretical knowledge to strengthen your practical skills
- Thrive in a growing business with a flat hierarchy and room for slippers
- Are a positive spirit who likes to have fun and laugh with colleagues
It’s a bonus if you
- Have experience with network (WiFi, LAN, Security)
- Have experience with different operating systems (Windows, Linux, macOS, Android, iOS)
- Have experience with containers and VMs (Docker, Hyper-V)
What we offer
We offer a flexible part time job/student job with approximately ten hours per week that can be fitted into your studies. Otherwise, we cover simple needs like great lunch, fruit, snacks and loads of coffee, and then we offer a fun and creative work environment with the most awesome people.
Who we are
Funday Factory is an experienced games studio based in the heart of Aarhus trusted by partners like SYBO Games, Snapchat and LEGO. We’re just about 43 talented colleagues who help partners and clients create digital games that engage audiences around the world.
At Funday Factory, we go to work to produce the greatest games of the highest possible quality - always with our users in the driver's seat. But that’s only half the reason. We go to work to have fun. A lot of fun. So if you like informal environments filled with creative and technical expertise - and where slippers, lava lamps and Star Wars t-shirts are much more common than suits and ties, you’ll fit right in.
Apply for the position
If you recognise yourself in the above description, you are very likely our new colleague! So send us your application and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org ASAP: We’re eager to hear from you and invite you in for a cup of coffee! Or tea. We’re flexible like that :-)
Application deadline: We’re ready to wait for the right match (but we hope to hear from the right match soon)
Start date: As soon as possible
Pay: Based on qualifications.