Are you Funday Factory’s new Head of Studio?
We are looking to fill a new position in Funday to strengthen our internal processes and productions. Our new Head of Studio will oversee and spar on all productions, manage our group of producers and directors and ensure knowledge sharing across teams and professions - with the overall goal to secure smooth productions, strong teams and the best possible games.
To succeed in this role, you’re a charismatic and visionary leader who has extensive experience from the entertainment industry and knows how to manage managers.
Core responsibilities include
- Partner and review with Producers and Product Managers to improve productions and processes through knowledge sharing, rubber ducking and critical thinking
- Play a key role in creating best practice methodologies and shaping the development and Live Ops processes for the productions in partnership with internal stakeholders which both foster creativity and deliver date confidence
- Mentor project leads to maintain clarity and alignment on their vision, strategy and priorities
- Be responsible for producers’ and directors’ OKRs
- Manage producers and directors on a day to day basis providing them with guidance, sparring and professional support
- Nurture the culture and values of Funday, ensuring a fun work environment where creativity thrives, while maintaining Fundays efficient and market driven approach to game development
- Help finance close the books on a monthly basis with respect to forecast of production progress
- 5+ years’ experience in game development - or from similar production environments.
- Experience with team management - and with managing producers
- Successful track record in leading the project delivery of creative products
- Significant project and risk management experience
- Proven experience in providing complex project solutions across multiple disciplines that consider process and technology
On a more personal level, you:
- Have strong leadership skills with the ability to challenge and influence a variety of internal stakeholders
- Have excellent change management skills, i.e., comfortable with ambiguity and change, yet able to set priorities and execute on commitments
- Are flexible and agile and have the ability to adapt quickly and be effective in new situations
- Have the ability to prepare/present business cases/analyses/recommendations to internal stakeholders
- Are able to effectively and quickly build relationships and establish trust, respect, competence and confidence
- Possess passion, energy, enthusiasm to drive people and results
What we offer
We offer you a full time job with lots of opportunities for taking on responsibility and challenges in a company where two days aren’t the same. Besides covering simple needs like great lunch, fruit, snacks and loads of coffee, we also offer a fun and creative work environment with the most awesome people.
Who we are
Funday Factory is an experienced games studio based in the heart of Aarhus trusted by partners like SYBO Games, Snapchat and LEGO. We are 40+ talented colleagues - all eager to help partners and clients bring fun games to millions of people.
At Funday Factory, we go to work to produce the greatest games of the highest possible quality - always with our players in the driver's seat. But that’s only half the reason. We go to work to have fun. A lot of fun. So if you like informal environments filled with creative and technical expertise - and where slippers, lava lamps and Star Wars t-shirts are much more common than suits and ties, you’ll fit right in.
Apply for the position
If you recognise yourself in the above description, you are very likely our new colleague! So send us your application and CV to email@example.com ASAP: We’re eager to hear from you and invite you in for a cup of coffee! Or tea. We’re flexible like that.
Application deadline: We’re ready to wait for the right match (but we hope to hear from the right match soon)
Start date: As soon as possible
Pay: Based on qualifications.