Working at Funday Factory, you will become part of different teams and work with producers, programmers, game designers and artists. You’ll join a culture with room for differences, skyhigh ambitions, shared successes - and lots of daily fun. If you are the one to fill in the spot, you are eager to become part of a small, but ambitious backend team with the aim of designing, implementing and maintaining the backend services of our games to ensure that they run smoothly and efficiently.
Your background isn’t that important to us - maybe you have a bachelor’s degree in information technology or computer science or you’re self-taught. What matters to us is that you’re eager to work with backend services and are ready to take on new tools, challenges and tasks.
You'll be working with:
- Designing, implementing and maintaining the backend services for our games using Go and Nakama.
- Creating and maintaining components that we can reuse in multiple games.
- Assisting game engineers in integrating the services with the client-side of the games we create.
If you’re our new Backend Engineer, you:
- Hold a BA in information technology or computer science (or similar experience).
- Have a couple of years of experiencing - or are on the lookout for your very first job.
- Are experienced working with one or more programming languages, preferably Go.
- Have the ability to think of performance in every aspect of a solution
- Might have knowledge of/experience with:
- Google Cloud
- NoSQL databases like MongoDb or CouchDb
- Design patterns and architecture principles
- Writing tests
- Build automation tools like TeamCity or Jenkins
- Development of API’s
- Message queues and microservice architecture
On a more personal level, you are:
- Highly solution oriented and when you stumble on challenges, you quickly find solutions.
- Independent and thrive working in a small team
- Able to ask critical questions and keep a keen eye on details
- Curious about new technologies that you want to share with others
- Systematic and work structured while maintaining an agile process
Meet the team
Funday Factory consist of a rich talent pool of enthusiastic game designers, game developers, producers, programmers, artists and marketers. We go to work to produce the greatest games of the highest possible quality - always with our users in the driver's seat. But that’s only half the reason. We go to work to have fun. A lot of fun.Find employees
Who we are...
Funday Factory is an experienced games studio based in the heart of Aarhus. We help partners and clients create digital play experiences for mobile platforms that engage audiences around the world.
At Funday Factory, we go to work to produce the greatest games of the highest possible quality - always with our users in the driver's seat. But that’s only half the reason. We go to work to have fun. A lot of fun.
As part of Funday Factory, you will join a team of 40 talented and impassioned colleagues. And if you like informal environments filled with creative and technical expertise - and where slippers, lava lamps and Star Wars t-shirts are much more common than suits and ties, you’ll fit right in.
If you recognize yourself in the above description, you are very likely our new colleague. But - we care fiercely about making the right personality matches, so send us a short application and CV ASAP, so we can set up a meeting over a cup of coffee (or tea if you prefer) :-)
Apply for the position
Send your application and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Application deadline: We’re ready to wait for the right match (but we hope to hear from the right match soon)
Start date: As soon as possible
Pay: Based on qualifications.